Bard College Names Miriam Felton-Dansky Director of Undergraduate Theater and Performance Program
Bard College has named Miriam Felton-Dansky director of its undergraduate Theater and Performance Program. A longtime faculty member in the program as well as in Bard’s Experimental Humanities concentration, Felton-Dansky will take her position as director in spring 2021. Gideon Lester, who has served as director of the program since 2012, will become senior curator of the newly formed Center for Human Rights and the Arts, alongside his work as artistic director of the Fisher Center at Bard.
- Azikiwe Mohammed ’05 Founds Black Painters Academy, a New School Dedicated to Black Art History
- Award-Winning Chef Carla Perez-Gallardo ’10 Opens Community Refrigerator at Her Hudson, N.Y., Restaurant Lil Deb’s Oasis
- “Eloquent, unexpected, and beguiling”: Meshell Ndegeocello’s Chapter & Verse: The Gospel of James Baldwin from the Fisher Center
- Associated Press Praises Direction, Cinematography, and “Hugely Entertaining” Relationship at Core of Dreamland, the New Film Directed by Miles Joris-Peyrafitte ’14 and Costarring Lola Kirke ’12
- Leon Botstein Discusses the Challenges of Learning During a Pandemic, the Value of Higher Education in Prisons, and the Obligation of Educators to Emphasize the Link between Learning and Democracy
- Bard Diplomat in Residence Frederic C. Hof on Lebanon 50 Years after Its Last State-builder