The Bridge program is an enrichment program for high school juniors and seniorswho have met or are currently fulfilling their high school requirements, and would like the opportunity to participate in a higher-level educational experience. Students who have attained an overall academic average of 85 or higher are invited to participate in up to two 100- or 200-level classes at Bard to broaden their educational development. The program is not intended to take the place of high school classes, nor is it an alternative to the total high school experience.
Bridge Program Application Process
- STEP 1. Application: Students should submit a completed online application to the Bard Admission Office at least three weeks prior to registration day (November 30th for Spring Semester, July 31st for Fall Semester). The application will need approval of both the student’s guidance counselor and a parent or guardian. Please include a high school transcript, or equivalent documents, as proof of an average of 85 or higher. In addition, please list at least three courses from the current upcoming semester’s course listing for which the student wishes to register. Current course list
- STEP 2. Interview: Students must schedule an interview with Josh Tyler in the Bard Admissions office no later than three weeks prior to registration day.
- STEP 3. Approval: Applications of recommended students will be forwarded to Diane Smith in the Registrar’s Office.
- STEP 4. Registration: Students should schedule a consultation with Diane Smith in the Registrar’s office, no later than two weeks prior to registration day and upon approval by Admissions, to determine available classes and to register.
- STEP 5. Payment: Payment to student accounts for registration and course fees must be made upon completion of the registration and application process.
Contact: Office of Admission, Josh Tyler: 845 758-7472