Bard Application Process: FAQs
Our Application Deadlines 2023-2024 Application Cycle
- The Early Action (EA), Early Decision I (ED I), Immediate Decision Plan (IDP), Bard Entrance Exam (BEE) deadline is November 1, 2023
- The Spring Transfer deadline is November 1, 2023
- The Early Decision II (ED II) deadline is January 1, 2024
- The Regular Decision (RD) deadline is January 1, 2024
- The Fall Transfer deadline is March 1, 2024
- While our Regular Decision (RD) Common Application deadline is January 1, we appreciate that students, families, and counselors might have questions over the holiday, which falls on the RD application deadline. Please note that the office will be open on January 2 after the holiday and can take questions and offer support by phone or email regarding RD applications.
- Students who submit their application by the application deadline have a grace period of 5 days from the deadline to submit the optional supplemental materials such as portfolio materials or to encourage teachers and counselors to submit their recommendation letters.
- All students receive login details for their Bard portal shortly after submitting their application.
- If you are having trouble accessing your Bard portal, please call the Office of Admission at 845 758 7472 during our regular office hours (Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm ET, except select holidays) and we will work with you to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- If you notice that you have missing materials on your Bard portal checklist, know that you can upload your materials directly to your application via your Bard portal.
- Note that it can sometimes take up to a week for materials to be reflected on the materials checklist, so if the materials have been submitted recently, they may just be in processing.
- While we cannot begin to read incomplete applications, we will continue to follow up with early round applicants about missing required materials until early round decision release in mid-December in an effort to complete student applications. We will also follow up with Regular Decision and Early Decision II applicants through the month of January.
- Please know that we can also accept supplemental materials after the application deadline as long as the application has been submitted by the appropriate deadline. However, we cannot guarantee that late supplemental materials (not required) will be read with the application.
- First Year and Spring Transfer/RCP interview slots are available from early September through early November. Please know that interviews for First Year and Transfer applicants are simply a layer of our holistic application review process, and you will not be disadvantaged in the application process if you were not able to schedule an interview.
- Fall Transfer and Return to College interviews take place in February and the interview schedule is available on our website starting in January. We require interviews for Return to College applicants.
- All questions about financial aid and financial aid documentation can be directed to the Financial Aid Office. They can be reached at [email protected] or 845-758-7526.
- Our campus tour page includes information about a range of visit options including virtual and in-person campus tours. This page also includes information about our self-guided tours: a self-guided driving tour with audio guide component and a self-guided walking tour, and a virtual 360 campus tour. Both self-guided tours can be completed by visitors in their own time (even outside Admission Office open hours) and maps and information for both of the self-guided tours are available outside the admission office on campus. Please note that bathroom access is only available to visitors in the admission office during open hours. More information about ways to visit Bard can be found here on our campus tour page.