While it is challenging to standardize these requirements, and we are willing to work with you to tailor the admission process, we ask that homeschooled students provide the following:
- Transcripts for any classes taken at an accredited high school or college.
- The full syllabus of any class not taken at an accredited high school or college, including: name of class and instructor; goal of class; list of books read and indication of other experiences used to cover the curriculum; method of assessment.
- Results of any educational testing.
- Standardized test scores (not required, but recommended.)
- An analytic paper.
- Academic recommendations from non-parent adults who have worked with you: two required; we prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor and one from a math or science instructor.
- An essay explaining why you chose homeschooling and your experience with your choice (unless this is already covered in your application.)
- We strongly recommend a personal interview. Online interviews are available.