Driving Regulations and Violations
Annandale Road is a public road, patrolled by local law enforcement that do enforce speed limits and other county and state traffic laws. The interior campus speed limit is 15 mph. The Annandale Road speed limit is 25 mph. Bard is a walking and biking campus. Speeding vehicles represent a clear and present danger to staff and students. Driving while impaired, reckless driving, or any action deemed unsafe by the Office of Safety and Security will not be tolerated. Violators will be disciplined, and failure to follow traffic laws can result in automatic suspension of on-campus driving privileges. Likewise, pedestrians, cyclists, and skateboarders need to respect Annandale Road as a public road and follow all county and state laws.
The fines listed below are not exclusive, but are the common charges assessed to community members.
- Moving violation fine - $100
- Parking fine - $25 per offense listed on the ticket
- Parking in handicap spaces or fire lanes will add an additional $100.00 fine
- Unregistered vehicles will receive a fine of $200.00 in addition to the registration fee
- Towing fees - range from $75 for on-campus tows to $175 if a vehicle is towed off campus.