To receive invitations, updates, and information for prospective students of the Graduate Conducting Program please fill out an inquiry form.
Deadline: February 18 2013*
*Late applications will be considered.
The Graduate Conducting Program accepts all applications online. Click here to apply. (This will take you to an external site.)
A complete online application will contain:
- A detailed repertoire list of works studied. (Please asterisk those works you have performed.)
- Three letters of recommendation. (See below for more information.)
- Either uploaded video or a 15–20 minute DVD containing a rehearsal and performance of two works in contrasting styles. Applications lacking any rehearsal footage will not be considered.
- If uploading video footage: Please note that SlideRoom accepts .mov, .wmv, and .flv formats. Each clip can be a maximum of 60 MB. Those with material exceeding the 60 MB limit should either break the material into fewer clips or compress the file size down.
- A 1–2 page statement discussing your work as a conductor and your artistic goals in a personal as well as critical context.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended. Please note: Copies are considered official only if they are sent directly to the Conservatory from the issuing institution. Unofficial transcript copies sent by the applicant will not be accepted.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $75.00.
Questions about the admissions process may be sent to email@example.com. Download the Graduate Conducting Program Brochure PDF
Letters of Recommendation
The Graduate Conducting Program accepts letters of recommendation through the SlideRoom online application system. When prompted, enter the recommender’s name and e-mail. The recommender will receive an e-mail that details how to submit the recommendation online. ...MORE >
Auditions for the Orchestral and Choral Conducting Program will be held in Spring 2012. Shortlisted applicants will receive complete details with the invitation to audition. The audition period will include a written examination of music history and theory, and a test of aural skills. ...MORE >
Participation in The Conductors Institute
Orchestral conducting students are expected to participate in The Conductors Institute
in the first and third summers. The second summer is optional. The cost of two summer institutes is included in the tuition of the MM program.
Contact All correspondence should be addressed to:
Graduate Conducting Program
c/o Conductors Institute
30 Campus Road
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000