- Dan Druckman: Associate Principal Percussionist of the New York Philharmonic, Chair of the Juilliard Percussion Program
- Jonathan Haas: Principal Percussionist of the American Symphony Orchestra, Artist-Faculty at the Aspen Music Festival
- Tzong-Ching Ju: Artistic Director of Ju Percussion Group of Taiwan
- Garry Kvistad: Member of Nexus Percussion, Steve Reich and Musicians
- Jan Williams: Professor Emeritus of Percussion at SUNY Buffalo
- Greg Zuber: Principal Percussionist of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, Artist-Faculty of the Verbier Music Festival
All percussion majors study and perform chamber music together as part of Bard’s resident student percussion ensemble.
All percussion students perform in The Bard Conservatory Orchestra, which meets twice a week and performs both on and off campus throughout the yearr.
Solo Performance Requirements
Students will perform in public frequently, programming full recitals in at least two out of their last three years.
Academic Music Requirements
The core music curriculum includes four semesters of music theory and two semesters of music history.