Two Degrees, Two Applications
Admissions Timeline1. Applicants must submit an online application to Bard Conservatory by January 1.
4. Live auditions (by invitation only) will take place at the end of February and the first week of March.
5. Two separate Admissions decision letters will be sent by April 1.
6. Admitted students must respond to admission offers by May 1.
Two Applications, Two Admission LettersBecause the Conservatory undergraduate program is a double-degree program, applicants will receive two separate letters each containing a separate decision. One letter will come from the Conservatory admissions office and one will come from the College admissions office. You will be able to view each letter online by accessing your student portal.
Each letter will inform you as to whether or not you have been admitted, waitlisted, or denied. Applicants who are not admitted to the College cannot attend the Conservatory. Applicants who are admitted to the College and not the Conservatory are able to enroll in the College and participate in music through the undergraduate music program.
Submit an online application to Bard Conservatory: January 1
Required Conservatory Application Materials:
- performance and/or composition application
- prescreening recordings (Recordings may be audio or video.)
- a musical bio or resume
- a recommendation from a professional musician (most usually your private instructor). Up to three musical recommendations may be submitted.
Submit the online application to Bard College: January 1
Required College Application Materials:
- Application fee ($50.00) or Fee Waiver
- Teacher recommendations: We prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor, and one from a math or science instructor.
- High School transcript (Include mid-year senior grades if available at the time you apply.)
Bard College Office of Admission
PO Box 5000 (Physical address: 30 Campus Road)
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York 12504
Submit Financial Aid application materials to Bard College: February 15 (January 1 for International)
Financial Aid Application Information