write a paper
- Generate, edit, and publish an MLA Works Cited list or APA References list that complies with the rules of the current MLA Handbook and APA Publication Manual. To use NoodleBib, you must first create a personal folder. Click on the New User link and follow the instructions.
Sites for ESL and ELL Students
Bibliography of Writing Handbooks and Style Manuals
||Ref. BF 76.7 .A43 1994
||American Psychological Association.
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Washington, D.C., American Psychological Association. 1994.
||Ref. Z253.U69 1993
||Chicago Manual of Style. 14th edition. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1993.
||Ref. T11 S386 1994
|| Council of Biology Editors. Scientific Style and Format: The CBE Style Manual. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1994.
||Ref. T 11 D33 1998
||Day, Robert A. How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper. 5th edition. Westport: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1998.
||Ref. LB 2369 .G53
||Modern Language Association. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: Modern Language Association,1995.
||Ref. PN 147 G444
||Modern Language Association. MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing. New York: Modern Language Association, 1998.
||Ref. PE 1408 .S772 2000
||Strunk, William S. and White, E. B. The Elements of Style. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2000.
||Ref. LB 2369 .T8 1996
||Turabian, Kate L. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996.
Reference Desk Handbooks and Style Manuals
These books are located behind the reference desk on the first floor of the library. Please don't hesitate to ask a reference librarian for assistance!
- Cite Right by Charles Lipson.
Very user friendly. Covers citation formats for Chicago, MLA, APA, AAA (anthropology), CSE (biology), and ACS (chemistry).
- Chicago Manual of Style
- MLA Handbook
Comprehensive Guides to Writing a Research Project:
- How to Write a BA Thesis by Charles Lipson
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations by Kate L. Turabian
- The Bedford Guide for College Writers with Reader, Research Manual, and Handbook by X. J. Kennedy et al.
Writing about Art:
- A Short Guide to Writing About Art by Sylvan Barnet
- Writing About Visual Art by David Carrier
- Writing About Art by Henry M. Sayre
Writing about Film:
- A Short Guide to Writing About Film by Timothy Corrigan
Writing about Literature:
- A Short Guide to Writing About Literature by Sylvan Barnet and William E. Cain
- Writing Essays About Literature: A Guide and Style Sheet by Kelley Griffith
Style and Grammar:
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White
- A Writer’s Reference by Diane Hacker
- Rules for Writers by Diane Hacker
- A Pocket Style Manual by Diane Hacker
This list was compiled by Bard Academic Resources Center - Phone: 845-758-7812 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org