Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Part-time Faculty- Natural Sciences DivisionApply Here: http://apply.interfolio.com/91610
Entering its fifteenth year of operation in Fall 2023, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank, with an enrollment of approximately 331 undergraduate and graduate students. AQB’s undergraduate program, taught in English, is rigorous, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which, in many fields, is a demanding research paper. Graduates of AQB receive two degrees: a BA or a MAT from Al-Quds University and a BA or MAT from Bard College (New York).
AQB invites applications for part-time faculty across all programs and divisions of the college. This listing is for applications for the natural sciences, including Biology, Computer Science, and Molecular Genetics.
We seek faculty whose teaching methods are student-centered, involving students in active discussion and group tasks to develop their reading, writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills in English. Candidates should be truly interdisciplinary--someone who will creatively and intellectually challenge the standard tropes of academic research.
- PhD in relevant fields of Natural Sciences and Computing including, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, PreMed or Computer Science from a university of recognized standing.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience at the university or college level.
- Experience in Natural Sciences and Computing divisions including, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, PreMed or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 years research experience is preferred, and have demonstrated scholarly achievement with a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Must have the ability to obtain extramural funding.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of AQB to provide student-centered teaching, foster critical thinking, and incorporate writing into most courses.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills, fluent English, and ability to communicate in Arabic a plus.
To apply, please submit a CV; a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position, evidence of teaching effectiveness, student evaluations and Syllabi, and three letters of reference through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/91610.
Equal Employee Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.