Welcome to Bard College's
Student Employment & Student Payroll Offices!

         Student Employment Office Hours:
                   9:00 am ~ 5:00 pm



 Student Employment Coordinator:   Carol Hosier
                                                               (845) 752-4796
                                                               [email protected]
                                                               Physical Plant Bldg ~ Room 109


Work Study and Campus Employment:

The goals of the Student Employment and Student Payroll Office are to have the Student Employee's on-campus employment be as rewarding as their academic experience, to get all Student Employees set up in payroll on a timely basis and to process each student payroll cycle on time and error free.  The partnerships and cooperation between this office, students and student supervisors aid us in achieving these goals.

Once an on-campus job is obtained, whether work-study eligible or not, there are steps that must be taken in order to receive a payment for work. 

*Work Study* eligible are full-time students, U.S. citizens or permanent residents, who qualify for federal financial aid based on need.  International students are not eligible for the Federal Work Study Program.

Before beginning work, student employees must come to the Student Employment Office, located on the 1st Floor of the Physical Plant Bldg (Buildings & Grounds), Room 109, to get the new hire documents which must be completed & returned within 3 days of starting work.   If these forms are not returned on a timely basis, there will be a delay in payment.  If two time sheets or check requests are received and these documents have not been returned, the Student Employment Manager will send a "cease work" email to the supervisor.

The required forms for US citizens and permanent residents are: 
*I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
*W-4, Federal Income Tax Form
*IT-2104, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance

International students who do not have a US Social Security Number must see the International Student Advisor as a first step.  International students who do have a US Social Security Number must bring it, along with all other travel documents, to the Student Employment Manager for copying and reporting purposes.

Student Employees have the option of setting up Direct Deposit into a US financial institution.  We highly recommend direct deposit not only for the convenience but to avoid stop payment fees ($35.00 per check) should a check need to be reissued.  Student Employees who are not set up for Direct Deposit will have their paychecks mailed to their campus mailboxes during the academic year.  During Intersession and summer months, student paychecks with U.S. addresses will be mailed to the address which appears on the check.  Students with legal addresses outside of the U.S. will have their paychecks held at the Student Payroll Office, located on the 2nd Floor of the Physical Plant Bldg (Buildings & Grounds), Room 216, to be picked up upon their return to campus.

International Students and Campus Jobs:

International students who have obtained campus employment must also take some further steps in order to begin receiving payment.

If an International Student does not have a US Social Security Number, the first step in getting set up in payroll will be to visit the International Student Advisor who will provide Social Security Card applications and instructions on how to get to the Social Security Office located in Poughkeepsie, New York.

Once an International Student receives proof of application for a US Social Security Number, then the student should bring this, as well as all travel documents, to the Student Employment and Student Payroll Office.  These documents will be copied and attached to the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification from the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The Student Employment and Student Payroll Office uses E-Verify to confirm that all Student Employees are eligible to work in the United States.

When an International Student is cleared to work through the Department of Homeland Security, the Student Employment Manager will create current year tax documents using Windstar International Tax Navigator.  These forms must be created and signed by the International Student Employee for each year employed.

Student Self-Calculating Time Sheet


Supervisors: Please review all time sheets carefully before approving and submitting for payment!  Please email completed time sheets to:  [email protected] 

Download. Download

Student Payroll Schedules

Student Stipend Payroll Timesheet

Download. Download

Student Direct Deposit Form

Download. Download

Student Check Reissue Request Form

Download. Download

30-Minute Lunch Waiver Form

Download. Download

Returning Student Clearance Work Form

Download. Download

Student Time Sheet Checklist Reminder

Download. Download

Employment and Tax Forms

Must be completed within THREE days of the start date of employment.

Once an on-campus job has been offered, Student Employees must visit the Student Employment Office, located on the 1st Floor of the Physical Plant Bldg. in Room 109, to pick up the New Hire Paperwork and receive basic instructions for completing these documents.