Bachelor's Degree RequirementsCandidates for a bachelor of arts degree from Bard must meet the following requirements.
A student who fulfills the above Bard College requirements also fulfills the requirements of the Regents of the University of the State of New York and of the New York State Education Department.
- Completion, by entering first-year students, of the two-semester First-Year Seminar: “Studies in Human Experience.” A student who enters in the second semester of the first year must complete that semester of the seminar. A student who transfers into the College as a sophomore or junior is exempt from the course.
- Completion, by entering first-year students, of the January Citizen Science Program. A student who transfers into the College after the second semester of the first year is exempt from the program.
- Promotion to the Upper College through Moderation
- Completion of the requirements of the program into which they moderate
- Completion of the courses necessary to satisfy the distribution requirements
- Semester hours of academic credit:
• 124, for students who matriculated prior to the fall of 2011
• 128, for students who matriculated in or after the fall of 2011
• 160, for students in five-year, dual-degree programs (156, for Conservatory students who enrolled before the fall of 2011)
At least 64 credits must be earned at the Annandale-on-Hudson campus of Bard College. At least 40 credits must be outside the major division; the First-Year Seminar counts for 8 of the 40 credits.
- Enrollment as full-time students for not less than two years at the Annandale-on-Hudson campus of Bard College or at a program directly run by Bard College
- Completion of an acceptable Senior Project