Visiting the Montgomery Place Campus
Information about Hunting SeasonWe do not permit hunting at Montgomery Place, but hunting is allowed on some of the abutting properties. We encourage visitors to wear brightly colored clothing when using the trails during hunting season. Please see below for the hunting season schedule from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Exploring Our Grounds
- The Montgomery Place grounds are open every day from dawn to dusk free of charge. Please park only in the Visitor Center parking lot.
- Please help us maintain the beauty of these grounds by carrying out whatever you bring in. Trash bins are located only at the Visitors Center.
- Please do not disturb or collect plants, animals, or rocks.
- When walking the trails, please remain on the paths to assist with erosion control and reduce incidents of Lyme disease.
- The Sawkill Trail and South Woods Trail have uneven terrain and are occasionally steep and muddy. The West Lawn Trail features sloping terrain.
- Pets are not allowed on the property.
No private parties or events can be reserved at this time.