Intent To Live Off-Campus Deadlines & Application
To learn more about the process and hear some helpful tips for off campus living, please attend one of the following information sessions that will take place at the Office of Residence Life & Housing, Brook House:
Monday, December 8, 2014 — 7pm
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 — 6pm
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 — 12pm
Unmoderated students require approval of the Dean of Student Affairs Office to live off-campus and must obtain the signature of their Academic Advisor. Please plan to contact your Advisor prior to the form deadline, as approval is not guaranteed. Academic and/or disciplinary standing will be considered when determining whether permission for an unmoderated student is granted.
Moderated students do not need approval, but are required to submit an Intent to Live Off-Campus form.
The Intent to Live Off-Campus form must be completed and returned to the Office of Residence Life and Housing
by 3pm on Friday, February 6, 2015.
Decisions will be sent to your Bard email by 3pm on Wednesday, February 18, 2015.
- Students who do not submit an Intent to Live Off-Campus form by Friday, February 6 will be charged for on-campus housing as they anticipate to participate in Room Draw.
- Students who notify the Office of Residence Life & Housing their Intent to Live Off-Campus after the deadline between Friday, February 6 and Thursday, April 23 (last day of room draw) will be charged a $500 cancellation fee.
- Students who notify the Office of Residence Life & Housing their Intent to Live Off-Campus between Thursday, April 23 (the last day of room draw) and May 31st will be charged a $1,000 cancellation fee.
- After May 31st students who notify the Office of Residence Life & Housing their Intent to Live Off-Campus - will be accessed the full value of the housing cost.
- Any exceptions to this policy would require an appeal in writing to the office and with appeal approved or denied by the Office of the Executive Vice President.
- Students who do not submit an Intent to Live Off-Campus form nor participate in Room Draw will be charged for on-campus housing and charged accordingly.
- There is no penalty for a student submitting an Intent to Live Off-Campus form and then changing their mind
Students should not sign a lease until they have been approved to move off-campus.
For more information regarding off-campus living, refer to the DOSA website
. To download the Intent to Live Off-Campus form, click on the link below.