Prospective Families FAQs
What would you like to know about Bard College?Here we've gathered our most frequently asked questions from prospective families.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can my son or daughter meet with a faculty member from a particular program or division during a visit to Bard?
- During a campus visit, is it possible to meet with a Bard student who is studying in a particular discipline?
- Can my son or daughter sit in on a class if we visit the campus?
- Is there much to do on Bard's campus and in the Hudson Valley region? How do Bard students have fun outside of class, especially on weekends?
- Does the College help students secure internships and jobs?
- What is campus dining like?
- Is it possible to set up a bookstore account so my son or daughter can buy books and sundries without going off campus?
- Are families welcome to visit and are students permitted to have overnight guests?
- What security services are available at the College?
- What type of computer would my son or daughter bring to Bard? Are there computers on campus if he/she does not bring one?
- I understand that first-year students return to campus for Citizen Science in January. In subsequent years, may students remain on campus during intersession?
- I have heard that college students sometimes take out a renter's insurance policy. Is this a good idea?
- What is the easiest way to get to Bard?
- My son or daughter may want to take a car to college. Is this possible at Bard?
- What are Bard Bucks and how do they work?
- If we have to send large boxes from home, how are they handled once they arrive?
- What sorts of on-campus services does Bard offer?