Planning for the Semester
Pet Request Form
Students have the privilege of bringing a small pet, such as a fish or hamster, to the residences. Download this form and complete it for approval prior to bringing pets into the residence halls.
Facts About Mold and Mildew
- Welcome to Bard!
- Student Government Constitution of Bard College
- Academic and Campus Life Calendar, 2023-2024
- Religious Services and Holiday Calendar, 2023-2024
- Social Media Guidance
- Sports & Student Clubs
- Bard College Student Government and Standing Committees
- Learning at Bard
- Learning at Bard
- The Curriculum
- Structure of the First Year
- Language and Thinking Program
- First-Year Seminar
- Citizen Science
- First-Year Advising
- First-Year Electives
- Program and Concentration Approach to Study
- Distribution Requirements
- Senior Project
- Academic Courses
- Academic Programs and Concentrations
- Specialized Degree Programs
- Academic Requirements and Regulations
- Evaluation and Grades
- Academic Deficiencies
- Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty
- Grievance Committee
- Withdrawal from the College and Rematriculation
- Campus Facilities and Resources
- Residence Life & Housing
- College Policies, Regulations, and Procedures
- Safety and Security
- Appendix I: Moderation
- Appendix II: Senior Project Preparation and Presentation
- COVID-19 Handbook Addendum
The Faculty Executive Committee determines the status of students with academic deficiencies, with attention to the following guidelines:
- A warning letter may be sent to students whose academic work is deficient but does not merit probation.
- A first-semester student who completes fewer than 12 credits, earns a grade point average below 2.0, or fails FYSEM will be placed on academic probation.
- Students other than first-semester students who are full-time and complete fewer than 12 credits or earn a grade point average below 2.0, will be placed on academic probation.
- A student who has failed to make satisfactory progress toward the degree may be required to take a mandatory leave of absence. Factors taken into account include grades, failure to moderate in the second year, and the accumulation of incompletes and withdrawals. A student on mandatory leave of absence may return to the College only after having complied with conditions stated by the Faculty Executive Committee.
- To be removed from probation, a student must successfully complete at least three courses (12 credits) with no grade lower than a C during the next semester, and fulfill any other stipulations mandated by the Faculty Executive Committee.
- A student who is on probation for two successive semesters may be dismissed from the College.
- A student who receives three Fs or two Fs and two Ds may be dismissed from the College.
Decisions about a student’s status are made at the discretion of the Faculty Executive Committee, taking into consideration the student’s entire record and any recommendations from the student’s instructors and advisers and relevant members of the administration. Academic dismissal appears on a student’s transcript.