Planning for the Semester
Pet Request Form
Students have the privilege of bringing a small pet, such as a fish or hamster, to the residences. Download this form and complete it for approval prior to bringing pets into the residence halls.
Facts About Mold and Mildew
- Welcome to Bard!
- Student Government Constitution of Bard College
- Academic and Campus Life Calendar, 2023-2024
- Religious Services and Holiday Calendar, 2023-2024
- Social Media Guidance
- Sports & Student Clubs
- Bard College Student Government and Standing Committees
- Learning at Bard
- Campus Facilities and Resources
- Office of Alumni/ae Affairs
- Athletics and Recreation
- College IDs and Keys
- Bard Emergency Medical Services (Bard EMS)
- Bard Learning Commons
- Accessibility and Disability Resources
- Office of Quantitative Literacy
- Behavorial Intervention Team (BIT)
- Bertelsmann Campus Center
- Career Development Office
- Center for Student Life & Advising
- Center for Civic Engagement
- Central Services
- Counseling Service
- Dean of Student Affairs Office
- Emergency Response Team
- Dining Services
- Environmental Services
- Financial Aid
- Health Services
- Bard Information Technology
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services
- Charles P. Stevenson Jr. Library
- Physical Plant/Buildings and Grounds
- Post Office
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Residence Life and Housing
- Office of Safety and Security
- Shipping & Receiving
- Spiritual Life at Bard College
- Student Accounts
- Office of Student Activities (OSA)
- Student Employment Office
- Student Resources Group
- Trustee Leader Scholar Program (TLS)
- Open Society University Network (OSUN)
- Residence Life & Housing
- College Policies, Regulations, and Procedures
- Safety and Security
- Appendix I: Moderation
- Appendix II: Senior Project Preparation and Presentation
- COVID-19 Handbook Addendum
Physical Plant Office, phone: 7465
All residence halls are equipped with hallway phones that may be used to dial on-campus extensions, local calls, and 800 numbers for prepaid calling card use. Long distance calling cards are available at the college bookstore, located in the Bertelsmann Campus Center.
Every residence hall room contains a telephone jack and an Ethernet jack. In most cases, the Ethernet jack will be blue and the telephone jack will be white or ivory. In addition, all residence halls have wireless internet service. If there is a problem with an Ethernet jack or wireless internet service, please contact the Bard College Helpdesk at x7500 (845.758.7500) or [email protected].
If you would like to be assigned a campus extension, please create a work order request and the Bard Telecommunications department will install a telephone line in your room. A campus extension will allow you to receive incoming calls as well as dial campus extensions, local calls and 800#s from your room. Please note that students must provide their own telephones.
There is a large network of outdoor emergency phones on campus that can be used to quickly contact Bard Security in the event of an emergency. You will find these phones in blue enclosures along campus paths and outside the front doors of residence halls.
If you ever discover a campus telephone that is not working, please create a work order request at: https://fms.bard.edu.
Important Campus Extensions:
Security (Non-Emergency): x7460 (845.758.7460)
Security (Emergency): x7777 (845.758.7777)
Buildings and Grounds: x7465 (845.758.7465)
For a map of emergency phones on Bard's main campus and Montgomery Place, please enlarge the map found on the right.