Student Health Insurance Plan

All undergraduate enrolled students at Bard College are required to have health insurance coverage.  A 12 month health insurance plan is available through Bard at an additional cost of $2,720.00 which is charged in the Fall semester.  If the student does not enroll during the Fall semester of the academic year, the student's account will not be charged the health insurance plan.  If the student begins the academic year for the Spring semester, the 7 month health insurance plan cost will be charged along with the Spring semester costs, and the cost is $1,646.00.  Students who elect to have alternate private plans must submit proof of coverage for confirmation that, upon review, is equivalent to the plan offered through Bard. Please note that payment will be expected until Bard receives the waiver approval from Allen J Flood.  If you have questions regarding the policy, please contact Margaret Wallace with Allen J Flood at 914-922-9260.

The health insurance waiver form can be found at: www.mystudentmedical.com.  The deadline to submit this form is July 31. 


In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, Bard College does not release information about students' financial records to anyone other than the student, unless the student has a signed consent form on file with the Student Accounts Office. 

By completing the form below, the student is allowing their financial records to be discussed and/or released to individual's noted.  Please return this form to the Office of Student Accounts. 

Returned Checks

The first check not honored upon presentation will be charged back to the student's account with a fine of $35 or 1 percent of the face amount of the check, whichever is greater. A second returned check will be fined $45 or 1 percent; additional returned checks will be fined $55 or 1 percent. If the College receives several returned checks from an individual, it reserves the right to require that individual to pay by bank cashier's check, money order or wire transfer. If a check used to provide financial clearance is returned, registration and room reservation will be cancelled and the account will be assessed a $100 late enrollment fee in addition to the returned check fine.

International Students

A Declaration of Finances must be received from all foreign nationals before a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) will be issued. The form and the certificate are needed to obtain a visa. Students who wish to be considered for financial aid should return the Foreign Student's Financial Aid Application to the College. Internal Revenue Service regulations require all holders of F or J visas to file tax returns for their scholarship awards. For further information, contact the Office of Admission. Click below for more information on International Student Admission.

1098-T Tax Information

In January, Bard College will send the IRS Form 1098-T to students whose accounts were billed for tuition and applicable fees during the calendar tax year. Per IRS regulations Bard is not required to send a 1098-T form to students if:
  • The students' scholarships and grants exceeded the applicable tuition and fee charges
  • The student is not a US citizen, unless the student requests Bard to file the 1098-T with the IRS

Tuition Refund Insurance

Bard College offers Tuition Refund Insurance through A.W.G. Dewar, for full-time enrolled students.  If your student is unable to complete classes for the semester, Dewar can help to refund costs that are not refunded under the College's refund policy.  It is important that the person financially responsible for paying tuition, reviews and understands the policy prior to your student starting classes. The Bard College refund policy can be found at:  www.bard.edu/studentaccounts/refunds/
  Expand for Tuition Refund Insurance More about Refund Insurance

Disclosure Agreement

In order for Bard College to comply with federal laws about disclosure of its policy with respect to collection of unpaid accounts, each student must sign and return the Retail Credit Disclosure Agreement.

Address Changes

Students are responsible for sending written notification of billing address changes or corrections to the Office of Student Accounts. Address changes made at other Bard offices do not change the billing address in our office.

Wire Transfers

Wire transfers may require a processing time of three to five days or longer, and accrue bank processing fees of at least $35.00, depending on the banks involved. When arranging a wire transfer, please remember to add this processing cost to the amount being transferred. If a wiring fee retained by a bank creates a balance due on the student's account, it remains as an unpaid balance due; it is not absorbed by the College.

Please contact the Office of Student Accounts for wiring information.

Contacting Bard Student Accounts

Bard College Office of Student Accounts
PO Box 5000
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000
Phone: 845-758-7520
Fax: 845-758-7125
E-mail: sao@bard.edu