Office of Student Accounts
Account and Payment Options
The annual comprehensive fees are payable in four installments per year: the fall term costs in June and July, and the spring term costs in November and December. The College offers the Bard Budget Plan
(BBP), which allows payments of the comprehensive fees to be made in 10 installments. Registered students may deposit funds to be used at the bookstore, dining services, and for printing services. Funds are accessed with the student identification card. Monies deposited in these accounts must be used toward purchases and cannot be refunded or transferred.
Bard Budget Plan
The Bard Budget Plan allows students to distribute their payments over the course of the academic year.
Tuition Prepayment Plan
Bard College offers a four-year tuition prepayment plan to incoming first-year students who do not receive financial aid toward tuition costs. The cost of tuition for each year of the student’s four-year tenure is stabilized at the first-year amount. For those electing this option, payment of $196,904 (4 x the 2015–16 tuition of $49,226) is due by July 20, 2015. We regret that payment extensions beyond this date are not available. If a student withdraws from the College before completing four years of study, the excess credit balance is refundable. The prepayment plan applies to tuition only; room, board, and fees are payable as due.
Standard Payment Schedule 2015–2016
Bard College offers the Bard Budget Plan for monthly payments. For those electing not
to participate in the Bard Budget Plan, payments are due as follows.
|Fees ||First-Year |
|May 1, 2015 1 ||$500 ||$500 ||$500 |
|June 19, 2015 2 4 ||17,108 ||16,646 ||13,197 |
|July 20, 2015 2 4 ||17,108 ||16,646 ||13,197 |
|November 20, 2015 3 5 ||16,740 ||16,006 ||12,557 |
|December 18, 2015 3 ||15,506 ||15,506 ||12,057 |
|Total ||$66,962 ||$65,304 ||$51,508 |
- May 1 is the due date for new applicants; for returning students, the due date is in April.
- Fifty percent of the approved fall term financial aid may be deducted from this installment. The remaining fifty percent may be deducted from the July installment.
- Fifty percent of the approved spring term financial aid may be deducted from this installment. The remaining fifty percent may be deducted from the December installment.
- For transfer students not taking the Language and Thinking Workshop, the June and July payments are $16,811 for resident students and $13,362 for off-campus students.
- For fall transfer students not taking the Citizen Science Workshop, the November payment is $16,006 for resident students and $12,557 for off-campus students.
Please note that the June and July installment amounts include the 12 month health insurance plan of $1,280.00. Students who elect to have alternate private plans must submit proof of coverage for confirmation that, upon review, is equivalent to the plan offered through Bard. Information regarding the health insurance and where to submit proof of coverage is available at www.healthservices.com.