Office of Student Accounts
Account and Payment Options
The annual comprehensive fees are payable in four installments per year: the fall term costs in June and July, and the spring term costs in November and December. The College offers the Bard Budget Plan
(BBP), which allows payments of the comprehensive fees to be made in 10 installments. Registered students may deposit funds to be used at the bookstore, dining services, and for printing services. Funds are accessed with the student identification card. Monies deposited in these accounts must be used toward purchases and cannot be refunded or transferred.
Bard Budget Plan
The Bard Budget Plan allows students to distribute their payments over the course of the academic year.
Tuition Prepayment Plan
Bard College offers a four-year tuition prepayment plan to incoming first-year students who do not receive financial aid toward tuition costs. The cost of tuition for each year of the student’s four-year tenure is stabilized at the first-year amount. For those electing this option, payment of $190,240 (4 x the 2014–15 tuition of $47,560) is due by July 18, 2014. We regret that payment extensions beyond this date are not available. If a student withdraws from the College before completing four years of study, the excess credit balance is refundable. The prepayment plan applies to tuition only; room, board, and fees are payable as due.
Standard Payment Schedule 2014–2015
Bard College offers the Bard Budget Plan for monthly payments. For those electing not
to participate in the Bard Budget Plan, payments are due as follows.
|Fees ||First-Year |
|May 1, 2014 1 ||$500 ||$500 ||$500 |
|June 20, 2014 2 4 ||15,954 ||15,503 ||12,140 |
|July 18, 2014 2 4 ||15,954 ||15,503 ||12,140 |
|November 20, 2014 3 5 ||16,215 ||15,503 ||12,140 |
|December 20, 2013 3 ||15,003 ||15,003 ||11,640 |
|Total ||$63,626 ||$62,012 ||$48,560 |
- The May 1 non-refundable deposit of $500 will be applied as a credit to the spring charges. For graduating seniors, the credit will be applied after commencement.
- Fifty percent of the approved fall term financial aid may be deducted from this installment. The remaining fifty percent may be deducted from the July installment.
- Fifty percent of the approved spring term financial aid may be deducted from this installment. The remaining fifty percent may be deducted from the December installment.
- For transfer students not taking the Language and Thinking Workshop, the June and July payments are $15,668 for resident students and $12,305 for off-campus students.
- For fall transfer students not taking the Citizen Science Workshop, the November payment is $15,503 for resident students and $12,140 for off-campus students.