Contact Us

Bard College
Office of Student Accounts

PO Box 5000
(30 Campus Road)
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000

Phone: 845-758-7520
Fax: 845-758-7125

Office of Student Accounts


Returned Checks

The first check not honored upon presentation will be charged back to the student's account with a fine of $35 or 1 percent of the face amount of the check, whichever is greater. A second returned check will be fined $45 or 1 percent; additional returned checks will be fined $55 or 1 percent. If the College receives several returned checks from an individual, it reserves the right to require that individual to pay by bank cashier's check, money order or wire transfer. If a check used to provide financial clearance is returned, registration and room reservation will be cancelled and the account will be assessed a $100 late enrollment fee in addition to the returned check fine.

International Students

A Declaration of Finances must be received from all foreign nationals before a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) will be issued. The form and the certificate are needed to obtain a visa. Students who wish to be considered for financial aid should return the Foreign Student's Financial Aid Application to the College. Internal Revenue Service regulations require all holders of F or J visas to file tax returns for their scholarship awards. For further information, contact the Office of Admission. Click below for more information on International Student Admission.

1098-T Tax Information

In January, Bard College will send the IRS Form 1098-T to students, whose accounts received payments for tuition and applicable fees, during the 2016 calendar tax year.

The 1098-T form will not be sent to students whose scholarships and grants are more than tuition and fee charges, and if the student is not a US citizen, as Bard is not required to send this form according to the IRS regulations.

Tuition Refund Insurance

Bard College is pleased to offer Tuition Refund Insurance through A.W. G. Dewar.  If your student is unable to complete classes for the semester, Dewar can help to refund costs that are not refunded under the College's refund policy.  It is important that the person financially responsible for paying tuition, reviews and understands the policy prior to your student starting classes. 

The Bard College refund policy can be found at:

At Bard College, we understand that this risk can be a financial hardship for many families.  Tuition Refund Insurance, provided by Dewar, can help refund the tuition, fees, and room and board charges, if your student is unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason.  The cost for this coverage is $494.00 for the academic year.  This insurance program complements and enhances our school's refund policy and we believe families will benefit from this added protection.

For additional information regarding the tuition insurance plan, please contact A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. at (617) 774-1555.  The tuition insurance plan is an optional charge, and if you do not want to purchase this plan, please submit a waiver form using the following websites:

Deadline is August 1, 2016

Deadline is August 19, 2016

Please note that a waiver form must be submitted online in order for the $494.00 tuition insurance plan charge to be removed from your student account.

Disclosure Agreement

In order for Bard College to comply with federal laws about disclosure of its policy with respect to collection of unpaid accounts, each student must sign and return the Retail Credit Disclosure Agreement.

Address Changes

Students and their parents or guardians are responsible for sending written notification of billing address changes or corrections to the Office of Student Accounts. Address changes made at other Bard offices do not change the billing address in our office.

Wire Transfers

Wire transfers may require a processing time of three to five days or longer, and accrue bank processing fees of at least $35.00, depending on the banks involved. When arranging a wire transfer, please remember to add this processing cost to the amount being transferred. If a wiring fee retained by a bank creates a balance due on the student's account, it remains as an unpaid balance due; it is not absorbed by the College.

Please contact the Office of Student Accounts for wiring information.