Student Health Pledge
I care about protecting the Bard College community from COVID-19. I commit to:
1. Stay in my residence hall room/living space and notify Bard Health Service at 845-758-7433 if I have symptoms of COVID-19: Coughing, chills, fever, muscle/body aches, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, headache, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
2. As per CDC guidelines, follow all guidelines outlined by Health Services for quarantining if I have received a contact tracing call and am required to quarantine. If I live on campus, I understand that this may require that I move to a temporary location that is not my permanent residence hall room.
3. Participate in any required pre-screening tests before work, class, any Bard sanctioned events, or entry into any on-campus buildings (e.g., temperature checks, health surveys, sanitation checkpoints).
4. Comply with any testing protocols mandated by state, federal, or Bard authorities.
5. Wash my hands with soap and warm water (or use hand sanitizer) frequently throughout the day, including before and after entering bathrooms, dining halls, residence halls, off-campus buildings, classrooms, and any other public/high contact areas.
6. Complete required COVID-related trainings, including any work, class, and event specific trainings;
7. Wear a face mask/covering around other people and in all common spaces.
8. Adhere to all social distancing, mask wearing, and other protocols specific to classroom, laboratory, and studio and rehearsal spaces.
9. Follow College policy to clean high-touch areas and shared items.
10. Maintain social distancing on and off campus in accordance with College policy and New York State law.
11. Respectfully remind peers of safety expectations and be respectful, in return, if someone reminds me to comply with safety expectations.
12. Adhere to all recommended health and safety protocols, including social distancing and mask wearing, when off campus in surrounding communities.
13. In the event that it becomes necessary, comply with all evacuation and lock down procedures mandated by state, federal, or Bard authorities.
14. Report any violations of the above community standards to ensure the safety of our community.