Assistant Director of Residence Life and HousingApply Here: http://apply.interfolio.com/136721
Bard College seeks an Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing. This is a full-time position within the Office of Residence Life and Housing that provides overall leadership and vision for the creation, administration and evaluation of a comprehensive residential living/education program serving approximately 1,400 on-campus students living in over 40 residential buildings. The Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing reports to the Director of Residence Life and Housing, and has primary responsibility for overseeing housing operations and statistics.
This position manages the housing and operations of Bard College’s residential facilities and is responsible for overseeing the room selection and room change process, housing statistics, and summer conferences and housing. The Assistant Director will also work to foster a supportive, educational environment that promotes students’ individual growth, community engagement, and academic achievement. The Assistant Director’s work supports the efforts of the Office of Residence Life in creating an environment that mirrors the academic philosophy inherent in a liberal arts education at a small college with a vibrant, dynamic student population.
- Oversee the upper college room selection process and the first year and transfer student placement processes.
- Coordinate room changes, break housing and move in/move out processes for resident students.
- Generate occupancy statistics and other reports as needed to support housing assignment operations and needs of campus partners.
- Coordinate summer conference and program housing with various campus partners as well as summer student housing.
- Have a working knowledge of the Housing Director/Res Star software system.
- Work closely with colleagues from the Dean of Student Affairs, Student Activities, Buildings and Grounds and Environmental Services offices to provide a comprehensive and outstanding on-campus experience for students and addressing student concerns.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and evaluation of assessment activities related to student satisfaction and support.
- Evaluate student trends and develop plans to respond to resident and community needs.
- Provide clear oral and written communication that compassionately addresses concerns and questions related to residence life from students and parents.
- Actively participate in Peer Counselor Training, as well as other departmental committees and initiatives.
- Participate in the primary on call rotation and assist with after-hours emergency/crisis situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Residence Life and Housing and the Dean of Student Affairs staff.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing position is an exempt, 12-month, live-on commitment. Compensation includes salary, work cell phone, professional development opportunities, benefits package including health benefits, paid vacation after the first year and retirement plan after two years. Position will start Spring 2024.
- Master’s degree preferred, in student personnel or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work collegially with a variety of constituencies, and traits that complement and demonstrate integrity and cooperation in relation to administration and management.
- 3-5 years progressive professional experience in the following areas is desirable: residence hall administration, supervision, website development, database management, student assessment and oversight of multifaceted processes.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage and lead various projects independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work within a department that values initiative, strong work ethic and teamwork.
- A commitment to student advocacy and an interest in daily interaction with a variety of creative and independent students is a must.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references by following this link to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/136721
This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
We are pleased to offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package which includes; multiple heath insurance options; TIAA retirement plans; generous vacation, sick, and personal time; and more.To learn more about employee benefits and eligibility at Bard College, please visit https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.