If you are currently enrolled in or eligible for Bard College–sponsored group benefits, you can access all of your provider forms and information from the portal. Contact Holly Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Accessing the Benefits Portal
For first-time users:
- Click on the Benefits Portal link
- Select "Register as a new user" to create an account
- Your company identifier is: BARD
- Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Click on the Benefits Portal link
- If you do not recall your login information, select "Reset a forgotten password," to reset your password and/or username
The following benefits are available to full-time employees of Bard College. Please review the employee types at right for an explanation of benefits.
- health insurance
- prescription plan
- vision care
- employee assistance program
- life insurance
- flexible spending plans
- AFLAClong-term disability
- commuter benefit plan
- retirement plan*
- supplemental retirement annuity plan
- Plum benefits
- Full-time faculty (half-time and above) are eligible for all benefits listed on the benefits portal.
- Part-time faculty (less than half-time) are not eligible for benefits (but may participate in discount programs below).
- Full-time visiting faculty (half-time and above) are eligible for all benefits listed on the benefits portal, except life insurance.
- Part-time visiting faculty (less than half-time) are not eligible for benefits (but may participate in discount programs below).
- International faculty (who are US Citizens or US Permanent Residents) are not eligible for most benefits listed, but may be eligible for the College's TIAA retirement plan*.
*See the Retirement page for more information about Bard College's TIAA-CREFF retirement plan.
- Regular full-time employees are those who are regularly scheduled to work in a budgeted position requiring a minimum of 35 hours per week, are eligible for all benefits listed on the benefits portal.
- Regular part-time employees who work at least 25 hours per week (1,300 hours per year) in a budgeted position are eligible for benefits. Employees who work less than 25 hours per week (1,300 per year), may only participate in discount programs.
- Regular employees who work more than 1,000 hours per year are eligible for the College's retirement plan*.
- International staff (who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents) working in foreign countries may be eligible for some Bard College sponsored benefits according to their appointment. Appointments of more than 1,000 hours per year are eligible for the College's retirement plan*.
Bard Zipcar Discounts
Bard faculty and staff can join for only $25 and get $35 worth of free driving. (You save $10, thanks to Ford!)
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over. Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance. You must be 18+ to join. Members age 18–20 can use a dedicated group of Zipcars that live on campus. Members age 21+ also have access to thousands of Zipcars all around the world.
Go to Zipcar
Bronx Zoo and New York Aquarium Discounts
You may purchase tickets immediately by visiting our exclusive Wildlife Conservation Society Online Discount Ticket Store in one or both of the following ways:
- Click on Bard's personalized online store Web link below
- Go directly to our online store 24/7 and enter this personalized store name: Bard College
Carquest Auto Parts in Red Hook, NY
Carquest Auto Parts located in Red Hook, NY provides a 25-30% discount, depending on item.
Employees will need to provide a valid Faculty/Staff ID.
*Taxes will apply
Enterprise Rent-a-Car Discounts
Bard Employees enjoy a discount when they book through the Bard-Enterprise website below. Make sure you select "Personal use' when booking for yourself - the "Business use" link should be used when you book a car for Bard College business purposes. Go to Bard-Enterprise >
Hotels.com has over 145,000 hotels in more than 60 countries. Whether you are traveling last minute as a family or need a hotel for business, we have the right hotel deal for you.
Offer: 10% OFF
Code: See site for discount code
Plum Benefits Discounts
As an employee of Bard College, you have access to exclusive employee entertainment benefits through Plum Benefits.
- Discounts of up to 50% off
- Access to hard-to-get seats
- Cost-free service
- No ticket-ordering obligations
- Easy ticket ordering
- Exclusive offers for premiere entertainment, including:
Already signed up to view your entertainment benefits online? Log in now at plumbenefits.com to view this month’s entertainment offers.
Not yet signed up to view your entertainment benefits online? Sign-up is cost-free and takes just a few moments. Simply visit plumbenefits.com/signup and enter your individual work email address. Once signed up, you can log in from any computer with Internet access, 24/7!
ProFlowers offers a wide assortment of floral arrangements, plants, and gifts for any occasion. Receive a 15% discount using the code: REDWHITE15. You can find our website below.
After verification through SheerID teachers will receive 20% off select Rothy’s styles that are perfect for the classroom.
Teachers receive 20% off the chic and comfortable shoes made from recycled plastic water bottles.
Verizon Wireless Bard Employee Discount
Bard Employees can obtain great discounts from Verizon on their wireless plan & mobile broadband plans! Please download the exclusive offer below.
Williams Lumber & Home Centers
Williams Lumber & Home Centers offer a 10-15% discount, depending on the item.
Employees will need to show a valid Faculty/Staff ID and state they are with Bard College.
Employees are listed under Job marked: "Bard Personal". *Related taxes will apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity EmployerBard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.