MBA in Sustainability
Podcast ProducerEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/136889
Bard College’s Graduate Programs in Sustainability (GPS) is seeking a part-time Podcast Producer to manage and produce The Impact Report podcast. This position requires an aptitude for project management, attention to detail, the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and technical expertise in media production.
Bard’s Graduate Programs in Sustainability (GPS) cultivate leaders who break through existing systems, innovating solutions to critical social, environmental, and economic challenges. Bard GPS students pursue cutting-edge masters degrees in policy, business, or education, that embed extended field-based practical training and individualized career support. Our alumni are changing the rules through environmental policy, changing the game through sustainable business, and changing minds through environmental education. Bard GPS has produced The Impact Report (TIR) podcast since 2015. TIR features Bard GPS students interviewing leading sustainability experts.
This part-time position will require roughly 10 hours per week of remote work for the initial scope of the contract. Bard GPS aims to grow TIR and as growth is achieved, there is the potential for additional work opportunities.
- Create a guest lineup that matches TIR’s programming goals (2-3 episodes per month) in partnership with the Director of Enrollment
- Manage guest/PR inquiries and student host interest to create strategic show lineup
- Schedule podcast interviews
- Manage guest and student participation process/requirements
- Record the interviews and produce them into 30-minute podcast episodes
- Extract transcript for blog production
- Update website with schedule, episodes, blog content
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner with PR agencies, prospective guests, students, media partners, and potential sponsors
- Experience in media production, podcast production experience preferred
- Proficiency using Google Suite, Zoom, audio editing software, and podcast hosting platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well as ability to work independently
- Familiarity with sustainability subject matter
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references through the Interfolio website at http://apply.interfolio.com/136889.
Compensation Range: $28-30/hour commensurate with experience
This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.