Groundskeeper (Groundsman and Laborer Level II)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/89937
Download: Bard College application of employment.pdf
Hours of work: 7am to 3:30pm
Rate of Pay: $27.72 (less .75/hr for 90-day probationary period)
Employment Location: All College Facilities
Under the supervision of the Physical Plant Department, and as delegated within the Buildings and Grounds and Administrative Management for trades, utilities, grounds, housekeeping, and general operations.
- Perform all duties including, but not limited to construction, repair and maintenance of all roads, parking lots, and all grounds areas, including lawns, walks, shrubbery, trees, area ways, patios, such as snow removal, sanding; tasks related to college structures, such as cleaning of eave troughs, flat roofs; maintain/repair of drainage systems, water and sewer mains, and mail. May perform related assignments under the supervision and/or guidance of a Level I Groundsperson.
- Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
- To operate and make use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
- Operate all vehicles and equipment for delivery and collection of materials, shipments, transportation, collection and deliveries of other departments, and the general operation of the college.
- Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
- Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related campus systems.
- Must have own hand tools to perform duties in a professional manner.
- Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required.
- Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard College.
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Verifiable professional work experience in grounds work, experience in construction, qualified to operate vehicles requiring operator’s license.
- Must have valid NY State driver’s license.
Electronically: Follow this link and submit your application electronically at: http://apply.interfolio.com/89937
FAX: (845) 758-7827
Mail: Bard College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.