Communications Coordinator – Career Development OfficeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/101983
Bard’s Career Development Office (CDO) is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to manage campus relationships, social media, and other communications. The successful applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced office that is both student-centered and special events-driven. The ability to multitask while attending to the needs of students is critical. Much of the work requires maintaining four areas: Handshake, Career Development, social media management, and BardWorks, along with maintaining and developing positive employer relations.
This position will also be responsible for updating career handouts and online resources. The ideal candidate must be able to keep track of the 70+ career events that CDO sponsors each academic year, while managing event logistics. The ideal candidate will have superior computer skills, particularly in online research, experience in assisting with special events with attention to detail, and familiarity with internship and job websites.
This is a full-time, non-exempt,on-site position reporting to the Director of Career Development.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask. A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Suite. Adobe Suite, Canva, PhotoShop, or other Graphics Software a plus.
- Website management and social media experience is a must. Website design/HTML a plus.
- Experience with Handshake or other CSM’s (Symplicity,GradLeaders) preferred.
- 1-2 years of office experience required; 2-3 years preferred
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Supervise student workers
- Manage online job board and employer database
- Cultivate relationships with, and act as a point of contact for, all employers and graduate schools.
- Responsible for campus visit logistics.
- Strategize on student outreach programs and work with staff to create successful events.
- Manage reception desk: greet students, schedule appointments with career advisers, answer phones, manage email account and coordinate office supplies.
- Organize data for job, internship, and graduate school placement reports. complete student uploads for all software systems.
- Manage logistics for the annual BardWorks programs and Career Exploration Road Trips: travel and meeting logistics. marketing, material development.
- Update CDO calendar online, track events.
- Develop advertising strategy for promotion of CDO events (digital marketing campaigns and promotional material development).
- Attend signature events.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, a diversity statement and the contact information for three references to interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/101983
Please note that the College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted) against Covid-19.
About Bard College
Founded in 1860, Bard College is a four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences located 90 miles north of New York City. Bard’s campus consists of nearly 1000 park-like acres in the beautiful Hudson River Valley. It offers bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, and bachelor of music degrees, with majors in nearly 40 academic programs; graduate degrees in 11 programs; nine early colleges; and numerous dual-degree programs nationally and internationally. Building on its 161-year history as a competitive and innovative undergraduate institution, Bard has expanded its mission as a private institution acting in the public interest across the country and around the world to meet broader student needs and increase access to liberal education. The undergraduate program at our main campus in upstate New York has a reputation for scholarly excellence, a focus on the arts, and civic engagement. Bard is committed to enriching culture, public life, and democratic discourse by training tomorrow’s thought leaders. For more information about Bard College, visit bard.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.