Compliance OfficerEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/98180
Bard College seeks a Compliance Officer. This is a full-time, exempt, 12 month per year position. The Compliance Officer reports to the Associate Dean for Regulatory Compliance, and will work primarily with staff across Bard College’s international network. The incumbent will help support Bard’s institutional capacity to ensure compliance with a wide range of US government, and other foreign governments, compliance regulations.
The Compliance Officer spreads awareness of policies, coordinates programs to promote the observation of guidelines, helps inform and advise Bard staff and faculty on relevant rules and guidelines set by governments and other regulatory bodies. They must stay up-to-date with current regulations, develop policies and processes to help meet guidelines, monitor these practices and maintain all records required to certify compliance. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Perform and monitor screening of international entities engaged in Bard sponsored activities
- Perform foreign gift reporting to the U.S. government
- Help in the accreditation of international academic programs
- Maintain relevant records of international compliance activities
- Perform analysis of compliance requirements in international agreements
- BA or BS degree
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance-related activities, preferably at an institution of higher learning
- Knowledge of grant and contract language
- Experience with interpreting U.S. government regulations
- Refined professional writing and communication skills
- Passionate interest in exploring and understanding global education
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/98180
About Bard College
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.