Bard High School Early College Baltimore
Finance and Data AnalystEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/91096
The Finance and Data Analyst is a full-time, exempt position of Bard Early Colleges (BEC). The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
About the Bard High School Early Colleges
The Bard High School Early Colleges (BHSECs) are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard High School Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic support.
Now in its second decade, the Bard High School Early College network serves over 3,000 students in campuses in Lower Manhattan and Queens, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
The Finance and Data Analyst will report to, and assist the BHSEC Baltimore Principal and BEC Assistant Director, Finance & Operations with the management of BHSEC Baltimore’s funding streams. This will include district (local) funds as well as federal, state, and private grants that the network secures to support the school. The analyst will also support with student data management and analysis to support grant reporting and other school needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Principal with expending, tracking, monitoring, and reporting on funds
- Attend relevant financial meetings and communicate the information into useful output for decision-making by Principal
- Assist Principal and Assistant Director, Finance & Operations with planning to use federal, state, local and private funds
- Keep receipts for purchases, both for reimbursements and those charged to company card; and submit check requests
- Implement appropriate procedures for data management
- Assist in the preparation and timely submission of reports, inventories, and other grant monitoring requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Principal or Assistant Director, Finance & Operations
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000 per year.
Location: Bard High School Early College in Baltimore, MD.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proficiency with financial management/budgeting
- Enthusiastic about serving our students and families
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well with colleagues, students and other members of the Bard community
- Able to meet deadlines for grant submissions, budget drafts and reporting purposes
- Able to keep accurate and organized records
Please upload a CV / resume, a letter of interest and a list of 3 references by clicking on the "Apply Now” button through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/91096
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.