Administrative Assistant – President’s OfficeResponsible for meeting the demands and activities of a multi-faceted college president whose professional life also includes fundraising, teaching, orchestra conducting, scholarly writing, and lecturing.
- Activities include, but not limited to assisting the Executive Assistant with: answering phones; scheduling meetings (Google calendar); prioritizing, distributing, and responding to mail; taking dictation; drafting and proofing correspondence.
- Direct and process, with tact, professionalism, and good judgment, all inquiries and/or requests from students, parents, staff and trustees, as required.
- Maintain appropriate office filing system, including but not limited to, filing, retrieving and record retention.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required.
- Ability to function in a highly charged environment; remains calm under pressure.
- Must possess superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be able to multi-task with accuracy and proficiency.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet & Email
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and patience in all circumstances.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Able to sit, stand, use equipment including computer, telephone, copy machines.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.