Center for Curatorial Studies
Audio Video Installer, Temporary Part-time – CCS Bard Hessel Museum of ArtEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/101384
Download: Bard College application of employment.pdf
The Hessel Museum of Art seeks a skilled professional for the position of temporary part-time Audio Video Installer. The successful candidate will report to the CCS Bard Head Preparator and Director of Exhibitions and Operations, and will partner with fellow temporary part-time Art Installers and the entire Exhibitions Department to complete the needs of an exhibition from the assembly stages through installation, but with a focus on audio video equipment and digital content. The Audio Video Installer will work closely with the Head Preparator, Museum Registrar, CCS Students and Curators.
- Responsible for the assembly and installation of audio video equipment (wall mounted flat screen monitors, ceiling mounted projectors, powered speakers, digital media players, cabling) and disassembly and packing of temporary exhibitions and student-related projects;
- Works in galleries as part of the installation crew for exhibitions, which may include construction, carpentry, interior painting, object handling & installation, and gallery lighting
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized production workspace and gallery facilities;
- Performs routine art handling for CCS Archive projects and other CCS Bard events and activities as necessary;
- Guides and assists other installers and exhibitions crew as needed; and
- Other duties as directed within the scope of the Art Installers job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, or a related field and at least 2 years’ experience working with museum-quality art installations is required;
- Preparators must be able to move or assist in moving heavy objects (must be able to lift up to 50 pounds) and operate a scissor lift, pump lift cart, and pallet jack;
- Knowledge of conservation concerns and materials for display, storage and packing works of art;
- Qualified candidates will have familiarity with hand and power tools and should demonstrate proficiency in fabrication/production/workshop skills and safety; and
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge and interest in contemporary art and the ability to work easily with multiple teams across a museum environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references on Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/101384
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.