Bard College at Simon's Rock
Director of the Wellness CenterEmployer Website: https://Â http://apply.interfolio.com/108097
Our Institution: Founded in 1860, Bard College is an international network of highly innovative and admired educational institutions grounded in the liberal arts and sciences. A division of Bard located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the U.S. specifically designed for motivated adolescents to fully realize their academic potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. BA and AA degrees are granted in over 35 areas of study. Simon’s Rock attracts a diverse student population of approximately 400 students, drawn nationally and internationally, with a significant population of students identifying as LGBTQIA2S+.
For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has practiced the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18, an idea that launched the Early College movement in the United States and beyond. In 2015, Simon’s Rock launched Bard Academy, a two-year high school program for boarding and day students, with courses designed and taught by college professors and leading to entry into college after the tenth grade. In doing so, Simon’s Rock has connected high school and college in one cohesive, coherent six-year arc. In 2019, Simon’s Rock established the Early College Research Institute (ECRI), a locus for research into “what’s next” in Early College.
The Role: At Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock, we seek a dynamic and compassionate Director of our Wellness Center. The Director of the Wellness Center, under the supervision of the Dean of Students, is responsible for the management and administration of the Wellness Center. The position requires an experienced leader and an innovative, collaborative clinician with strong administrative experience and expertise in working directly with broadly diverse populations. Through creative vision and strategic direction, the Director will have the ability to motivate and inspire confidence among staff, focusing on enhancing a comprehensive range of counseling and health services and best practices within a framework of inclusion and social justice
The Director will be a highly experienced clinician and administrator who will collaborate closely with Health and Counseling staff and with other departments across campus, as needed and appropriate in support of student wellness and safety with primary duties that include:
- Oversee the delivery of comprehensive mental health and health services to students at the College and the Academy.
- Collaborate with other campus departments regarding students and mental health/health issues.
- Oversee the work performance and supervision of staff clinicians, staff nurses, office staff, physicians and graduate student interns.
- Provide and arrange training on relevant mental health and substance use issues for the campus-wide community.
- Provide consultation and collaboration with parents, stakeholders and outside providers.
- Provide, as needed, individual counseling and crisis intervention/assessment; case consultation; psycho-educational groups; and substance use evaluations.
- Develop the cultural competence of staff across all aspects of diversity.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, assess, and continuously improve all aspects of the Wellness Center services.
- Formulate, implement and communicate the vision, mission, priorities and strategy for the Center in partnership with the administration and other departments across campus.
- Support a clinical team that is committed to and increasingly competent in supporting students who represent a broadly diverse range of backgrounds and identities.
- Provide for ongoing clinical staff training within a social justice framework.
- Serve as a resource for the College community and student groups on mental health and health advocacy issues.
- Attend weekly Student Support meetings and collaborate with other departments in support of students.
- Maintain relationships with off-campus mental health and health resources and organizations in the event of psychiatric or emergency hospitalizations and continuity of care.
- Responsibly steward resources, including finances, staffing and budget in partnership with administration.
- Stay knowledgeable on contemporary research in the field, in order to ensure that the Wellness Center programs and services continue to advance the broader health and mental health mission in support of student success.
- Maintain expertise in, and adherence to, federal and state regulations, ensuring compliance with FERPA, Title IX and appropriate state licensure requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all Simon’s Rock policies and procedures
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Mental Health, Clinical Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or a MD in psychiatry or pediatric medicine.
- Valid Licensure in the state of MA.
- At least seven years postdoctoral or postgraduate clinical experience with a similar level of supervisory experience.
- Experience in current adolescent mental health and health issues.
- A strong track record of working effectively with a wide variety of diverse populations and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory ability in a counseling or counseling related setting and/or within a health setting.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
To Apply: All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references. Submit your files to interfolio.com at https:// http://apply.interfolio.com/108097. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.