Senior Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice PresidentEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/87042
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Director of the Center for Civic Engagement at Bard College and Vice Chancellor of the Open Society University Network, Bard College is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant.
This is a demanding position that provides administrative support for a senior executive who oversees a wide array of projects locally, nationally, and globally.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage challenging calendar for executive on multiple arenas;
- Responding to and drafting/editing correspondence;
- Arranging international travel; and
- Coordinating administrative functions;
- Troubleshooting complex matters that arise in a timely fashion;
- Communicating with high-level internal and external constituencies on behalf of the EVP;
- Overseeing office budget;
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree and administrative experience at the executive level;
- Absolute discretion regarding confidential information;
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive matters;
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and time management abilities;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, G-Suite, Acrobat Pro
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment.
• Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships.
The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement. Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three contact references through Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/87042
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities