Assistant Director of Development for Family ProgramsEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/121484
Bard College, a four-year liberal arts college located 90 miles north of New York City, seeks an energetic, motivated individual to join the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs as the Assistant Director of Development for Family Programs.
Building on a 150-year history as a competitive and innovative undergraduate institution, Bard College's mission has expanded across the country, around the world, and to meet broader student needs. Now, approximately 2,000 undergraduates study in Annandale, NY and more than 200 graduate students study in Bard programs, plus nearly 1,000 students in our early colleges. Total enrollment for Bard College and its global affiliates is approximately 5,000 students. The undergraduate program at our main campus in the Hudson River Valley of upstate New York retains a reputation for scholarly excellence and civic engagement. We are committed to enriching culture, public life, and democratic discourse by training tomorrow's thought leaders.
The Assistant Director of Development for Family Programs oversees all fundraising activities with parents and families of students enrolled in Bard College’s undergraduate programs. Reporting to the Director of Leadership and Planned Giving, the Assistant Director will manage the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of parent donors and prospects through personal visits, correspondence, events, and specific requests in support of the College’s priorities.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the Family Leadership Council, parent and guardian participation in Bard Works (and other career development activities maximizing family support to the Bard College Fund), creating and delivering the monthly eNewsletter the Annandale Insider, managing the family network website, and planning regional events in locations around the country. Working closely with the Bard College fundraising team, the Assistant Director will manage and track a comprehensive pipeline of parent/family prospects and donors, identify and qualify individuals capable of making significant gifts to the College and to any campaign efforts in effect, and will be responsible for fundraising from a portfolio of 75+ donors and prospects. They develop individual major gift strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift prospects, identify and create special giving opportunities, and develop tailored proposals and gift requests for parents/family and other prospects as assigned.
- A passion for and understanding of Bard’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate the priorities of the College is essential.
- The Assistant Director will maintain a high level of personal contact with a portfolio of parent donors, recruit and manage activities of the Family Leadership Council, and work closely with Bard College Fund staff to plan and execute strategies for maximizing support to the Bard College Fund.
- The Assistant Director will work closely with the Manager of Special Events to design and implement Family Weekend and other events.
- The Assistant Director is responsible for updating outreach and recognition materials designed to inform and steward parent/family support.
- The Assistant Director will design and execute a social media plan for Bard families and manage the Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts, as well as perform other duties related to development as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience in development, non-profit or higher education administration, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to travel nationally and regionally
- Available to work occasional weekends and nights
- Able to work collaboratively to accomplish department goals while handling sensitive information with discretion
- An interest and familiarity in the areas in which Bard is engaged—the liberal arts and sciences, civic engagement, education reform, the non-commercial arts—will be appreciated
- The position requires proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience in project management and data analysis, as well as familiarity with social media and marketing
- Experience with Banner, Argos, and web/graphic design are a plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional contact references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/121484