About the Bard Early Colleges:
The Bard Early Colleges (BEC) are founded on the belief that, for many young people, college can and should start at an earlier age. Bard Early College’s simple idea - to begin serious college study in place of the traditional 11th and 12th grades, at no cost to students or families - has had an extraordinary impact on young people and on education innovation and equity in America.
The Bard Early Colleges offer a truly unique home for young people’s intellectual ambition, as both tuition-free, branch campuses of Bard College and public high schools, they award a high school diploma and a Bard College Associate in Arts degree (and 60 transferable credits) by the end of the 12th grade. Students are taught by college faculty in undergraduate, seminar classes, all deeply rooted in the liberal arts and sciences, in Bard College’s commitment to excellence in teaching, and in Bard’s mission as a private college in the public interest.
Now entering its third decade, the Bard Early College network enrolls over 3,000 young people in campuses in Queens, Manhattan, and Hudson, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, D.C.Position Overview
The Operations Manager is one of the school’s key academic and administrative leaders. In collaboration with the Dean of Studies and the Dean of Students, the Operations Manager will provide leadership and administrative oversight of key school operations functions. The Operations Manager will design, launch, and lead systems essential to the success of a growing and non-traditional campus for college students who are concurrently enrolled in high school. The Operations Manager will, moreover, align those systems with the unique learning context and mission of the early college.
The Operations Manager will be supervised by the Bard Early College New Orleans (BECNO) Dean of Students, and will supervise a team of colleagues, including the Admissions Director and the Office Manager.Duties
- Coordinate with partner high schools to create programming and transportation schedules and plans that best meet the needs of all stakeholders and maximize learning time
- Coordinate with BECNO’s host campus on all facilities-related matters
- Liaise with partner high schools across New Orleans to support effective and lasting partnerships
- Work with Bard Early College colleagues to prepare budgets, implement purchasing for campus materials, manage HR processes on campus, and other financial processes
- Collaborate and share best practices in relevant areas with colleagues and counterparts across the Bard Early College network
$55,000-$65,000 annually, depending on experienceStart Date:
The Operations Manager will begin their role as soon as possible in May, June or July 2022.Location:
New Orleans, Louisiana