Campus Security SupervisorThis Supervisory position is tasked with overseeing the night time security operations and the protection of persons, property and other assets of Bard College.
Essential Functional Responsibilities
- Provides Supervision of Security Officers on all assigned shifts.
- Coordinate training of all new Bard college guards and/or contracted Campus Security personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Address complaints and develop resolutions to identified problems.
- Provide good care, proper maintenance and maintain serviceable condition of assigned property and authorized equipment.
- Professionally interact with local law enforcement when and as required.
- Attend, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Must be available to work any shifts required to include day, evening, night, weekends and holidays.
- Reports to the assistant security director and security director.
- Supervise Campus Security Officers and contracted Security personnel.
- Possess current and valid New York drivers license.
- Must be skilled at conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics.
- Ability to use current computer equipment and programs being used by the division. Including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Advanced Excel knowledge including charts, and budget spreadsheets
- Familiar with Google (Gmail, calendar, Google docs, etc.)
- Ability to investigate incidents of occurrence and complete, or train others to complete, required reports effectively.
- Must be self-motivated, detailed oriented and have satisfactory literacy and writing abilities.
- Possess good critical thinking skills to quickly assess a situation and implement the appropriate response.
- Must patrol year-round, inside and outside buildings, with exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to be certified in first aid, CPR and AED safety protocols.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Security Guard or law enforcement Officer.
- Previous experience with direct supervision of staff preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must meet and maintain the license requirements for an unarmed private security license under the provisions of the State of New York.
- Previous experience in a collegiate environment preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
- Must satisfactorily complete a six (6) month probationary orientation training period.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.