Mental Health CounselorEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/131144
Bard Counseling Services is hiring a full-time mental health counselor with experience working with college students. This is a four day per week, 10-month full time permanent position.
About Bard Counseling Services
Our multidisciplinary staff consists of psychologists, clinical social workers, mental health counselors, graduate interns, and a psychiatrist. Our mission is to provide high-quality mental health services, referrals, and educational programming to Bard students. We are committed to inclusive excellence and the promotion of social justice. We appreciate and honor the rich diversity of the institution and work with all students with compassion, respect, and dignity.
About Bard College
The college prides itself on its commitment to undergraduate education and to scholarship, inquiry, research, and the professional activities of scholars, scientists, and artists. The heart of the College is the Annandale-on-Hudson campus with its 1,900 undergraduates. Bard is situated in the beautiful Mid-Hudson Valley area of New York State, 2 hours to NYC, 3 hours to Boston, surrounded by waterways, mountains and vibrant family-friendly communities of professionals and artists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides individual, group, and couples counseling to students presenting with a variety of personal, social, academic, and mental health concerns
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention during work hours and on-call rotation for evenings and weekends
- Consults and collaborates with campus partners and participates in campus-wide committees (this position will work closely with the Athletic Department)
- Develops and delivers creative and innovative programming, including groups, workshops, and events specifically designed for college students
- Licensed to practice counseling independently in New York State, or if from out of state, New York licensed-eligible within one year after hire (LCAT, LCSW, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist)
- Experience providing group counseling
- Interest in and experience with presenting trainings and outreach programs to students, faulty, and staff
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a team of professionals
- Ability to maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation
For those who are benefits eligible, we invite you to visit Bard's benefits website to learn more about our employee benefit offerings.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional contact references to Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/131144
About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Bard
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Bard seeks to materialize our commitment to plurality, dialogue, and rigorous study. We strive to create a learning environment that upholds the College’s mission to meaningfully include the voices, works, and ideas of communities and cultures historically marginalized in liberal arts and sciences education. DEI at Bard aims to work at the systemic as well as the interpersonal level to address the implicit and explicit ways racism, sexism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and religious discrimination impact the learning process.