Communications Administrative Assistant, Admission OfficeEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/87857
Reporting to the Director of Communication, the Communications Administrative Assistant provides overall support with administrative tasks within the communications office. This position requires daily, physical, 9-5 presence in the office of admission. Provides support to the Communications Office in proofreading digital and print communications, coordinating communication projects, and organizing admission events, as determined by the needs of the office and approved by the Director of Communications and Director of Admission. This is a non-exempt, full-time, 12-month position.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Inventory management
- Shipping marketing materials
- Mail-merge for print mailings
- Postcard coordination and management
- Preparing letters and mailings, coordinating with the post office
- Stocking admission materials (including kiosk and reception area)
- Coordinating communication projects
- Assisting with events
- Collecting, scanning, uploading and filing application materials
- Managing communications for special interest groups as assigned
- Tasks as assigned, including but not limited to April class visits, application management projects, office organization
- Provide event support for virtual events as assigned
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is required
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Excellent proofreading skills are required
- Proficiency with Google Drives, Google Docs, and Google Sheets required
- Detail-oriented, highly-organized taskmaster with excellent follow-through
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and efficiently
- A self-starter with a positive attitude who finds that no task is too small and that all tasks are important to the overall operations of the office
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Participate in other office tasks as assigned
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three contact references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/87857
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.