Bard High School Early College Newark
Full-Time Faculty - PhysicsEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/122829
About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high school age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Sciences, beginning September 2023. BHSEC seeks candidates with specializations in Physics; candidates will teach courses in their fields of specialization, as well as interdisciplinary courses in the Sciences. Ability to teach Biology (in addition to Physics), is a plus.
Compensation: The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: NTU 2022 Revised Salary Progressions
Location: Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJ
Start Date: September 2023
- We seek educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds.
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels.
- Candidates will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service.
- Interest in working with high school age students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired.
- We seek candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and a desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students.
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education.
- A commitment to reducing and an openness to learning about potential barriers to inclusion are needed.
- Masters Degree is required.
- Ph.D., high school teaching experience, and/or experience working with youth is desirable.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/122829
Please upload the following documents to Interfolio using the link above:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three references
Questions: Inquiries may be directed via email to Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at [email protected]
Review of applications to begin immediately.