Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Finance Assistant - Open Society University Network SupportEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/91594
Fall 2021 marking its thirteenth year of operation, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program offering a liberal arts undergraduate education and Master of Arts in Teaching program in Palestine.AQB is one of the member institutions in the Open Society University Network (OSUN), which serves as a new model of global higher education by integrating learning and knowledge creation. Spanning across geographic and demographic boundaries, OSUN projects in the social sciences, natural sciences, arts and humanities– at both undergraduate and graduate levels – work to–across geographic and demographic boundaries; promote civic engagement to advance open societies and expand the access of underserved communities to higher education.
Al-Quds Bard College is seeking an energetic, skilled individual to fill a full-time Finance Assistant position to assist in the support of 30 small/medium scale grants funded by OSUN. The OSUN Finance Assistant will be part of the finance team of the College and perform a variety of general accounting tasks and administrative support as needed. The position reports to the Finance and Administration Officer and to the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration, and is a full-time, 12-month position, which requires a presence on the Al-Quds University campus in Abu Dis for the major part of five days per week (Saturday-Wednesday), between the hours of 8am and 3pm, with the possibility of changing the working schedule.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting AQB faculty on budget drafting and revision for various OSUN projects.
- Reviewing OSUN activity agreements with regard to financial matters, and making recommendations for revision or implementation to project directors and the AQB administration.
- Working closely with the Finance and Administration Officer and AQB Program Office at Bard College, New York, to meet all payment deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Assisting in drafting service/overtime contracts and spending processes for OSUN grants, in cooperation with the AQB-based OSUN project leaders.
- Creating financial reports for OSUN projects.
- Assisting in preparing payment requests for all OSUN-related expenses.
- Conducting a periodic financial reconciliation for OSUN accounts.
- Assisting in preparing payment requests for OSUN Activity Agreements and make sure that all OSUN receipts and payments are accurately recorded in the university ledger.
- Participating in drafting and regular updating of AQB administrative policies related to OSUN projects.
- Following up with the grants department at AQU to facilitate payments.
- Assisting with other financial and administrative projects for AQB as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or any related field.
- At least one to two years of professional experience; work in the financial field and/or universities are an advantage.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Organization, accuracy and keen attention to detail a must.
- Data entry and word processing skills preferred.
- Core competencies: teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, time management, results-oriented, communication skills and flexible working hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English Application
Please submit a CV; a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position; evidence of applicable experience; and three letters of reference through Interfolio.com: http://apply.interfolio.com/91594
Review of applications will commence on a rolling basis and continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.