Bard Early College New Orleans
Full-Time Faculty - Social Science/HumanitiesEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/130619
About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high-school-age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).
Bard Early College New Orleans (BECNO), a partnership between Bard College and the Louisiana Department of Education (LDE) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in either Social Sciences or Humanities beginning this upcoming spring semester which starts in January 2024. Candidates who will have a Master’s or Ph.D. at the time of employment, or who are ABD, with high school and/or college teaching experience are preferred.
Bard Early College in New Orleans engages bright, intellectually curious students through a tuition-free, immersive liberal arts curriculum offered to students in the last two years of high school. By promoting authentic and supportive undergraduate opportunities, Bard Early College faculty and staff prepare students of all academic backgrounds for further college success. Our academic program emphasizes student-led learning in small seminar-style classes. We offer team-based intentional support for our non-traditional students, and a culture of collaborative pedagogical development for our teachers.
Candidates are sought for these teaching schedules:
Spring 2024 Courses
- 2 Political Science electives
- 2 Seminar courses
- US History
- Political Science
Location: Bard Early College in New Orleans, LA
Start Date: January 2024
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 per year
- We seek candidates who are familiar with the use of participatory pedagogy, focusing on interdisciplinary curricular design and who demonstrate a commitment to social justice.
- We seek candidates who are passionate about their fields of study and interested in working to advance equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic preparation.
- We seek candidates who have an interest in working with high-school-age students who are completing a college-level course of study.
- Candidates who will have a Master’s or Ph.D. at the time of employment (or who are ABD) with high school and/or college teaching experience are preferred.
Please apply directly with Bard College/Bard Early Colleges by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link here: https://apply.interfolio.com/130619
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College/Bard Early Colleges:
- Letter of Interest