Bard High School Early College Manhattan
Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/105659
The Registrar will be a part of the administrative team working under the supervision of the Dean of Studies. The registrar will work closely with the Dean’s office and teachers to present course offerings each term that reflect and support our mission as an early college. The registrar will establish close ties with teachers, the school leadership team, students and Bard College to establish a master schedule each term that reflects the needs of Bard High School Early College, the community and our partnership with Bard College.
The registrar will maintain positive professional relationships between all interested parties associated with Bard High School Early College. Outreach to students, teachers, parents, the New York City Department of Education and Bard College will be conducted on a regular basis to provide an appropriate and meaningful high school and college program. Student programming will be done in an efficient and timely manner twice a year. Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, final examination schedules and manages efficient use of classrooms
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students for the high school and college program
- Facilitate effective student registration and enrollment, as well as the Add/Drop process for college students
- Communicate with Bard College registrar to submit student data and maintain accurate academic records for current and former students
- Maintain course syllabi for the college transfer process for students, parents and other community organizations
- Organize midterm and final grade collection and distribution every semester
- Assist administration and guidance with graduation checks for both diploma types
- Keep up to date with academic policy changes in the DOE and Bard College
- Assist APs with test coordination for Regent’s, SATs, and MAPGrowth testing
- Assist administration with student records and data
- Update transcripts according to DOE COVID grading policy changes
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Manhattan, 525 East Houston Street; New York, NY 10002Start Date:
May or June 2022Work Schedule:
Position will require flexibility with respect to work hours in order to meet the needs of the school community.Duration:
Long-term; This is a 12-month, annual assignment.Compensation:
$55k to $65K depending on experience
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
Minimum Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and an interest in learning database software for record-keeping and student scheduling
- College graduation or equivalent and an interest in learning database software for record-keeping and student scheduling.
- Familiarity with the New York City public school system and high school graduation requirements
- Familiarity with Bard College and college graduation requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications – especially Microsoft Excel - and STARS
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent collaborator who is able to work closely with all interested members of the school community and outsides communities
- Prior work experience in a school setting
- Candidates must be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational environment that promotes academic excellence.
- The ideal candidate will have experience or an interest in working with a high school age students of diverse academic and cultural backgrounds in an early college setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement To Apply
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/105659
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- a letter of interest (cover letter)
- C.V. / Resume
Applications are due by April 30th. Review will begin on May 1st, 2022.Questions:
Please direct inquiries regarding this position to Dr. William Hinrichs at [email protected]
with the subjectline “Registrar Job Search”
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.