Bard Prison Initiative
Site CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/136133
Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) seeks a full-time Site Coordinator to support daily college operations at correctional facilities within a 75 mile radius of the Bard College campus in Annandale-on-Hudson. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
Site Coordinators ensure the smooth functioning of college-in-prison operations. They report to Site Directors, who oversee Bard College operations within NYS prisons. This position requires a daily commute to the BPI office on the Bard Annandale campus as well as trips to correctional facilities an average of three times a week.
Position begins as early as January 1, 2023.
Formed in 1999 to address the mass incarceration crisis, the Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) defies expectations of who college is for and where it might lead. For twenty years, BPI has reimagined and redefined questions of availability, affordability, and expectations typically associated with college in America. One of the most rigorous and effective college-in-prison programs in the country, BPI is now extending its radical intervention in educational inequity outside of prison through the Bard Microcolleges and BardBac. BPI currently enrolls roughly 600 students across eleven campuses.
- Maintain prompt, clear, and effective communication with site director and colleagues
- Represent the college in a professional manner in interactions with faculty, students, and prison staff
- Transport and deliver materials between the BPI office on the Bard Annandale campus and correctional facilities where BPI operates
- Support site directors with logistical and organizational work
- Collaborate on special events and other projects as needed
- Attend regular weekly or every-other-week college-in-prison meetings at the BPI office on the campus of Bard Annandale, as well as weekly online BPI check-in meetings.
- High level of organization, close communication with colleagues, timely follow-through, and reliability
- Ability to complete volunteer clearance process and to maintain volunteer clearance status with the Department of Corrections
- Ability to complete process to become a Bard driver and to maintain that status
- Ability to drive BPI van once qualified as a Bard driver
- Personal transportation to Bard Annandale and to prisons within a 75 mile radius of the Annandale campus (when using personal vehicle to travel to correctional facilities, mileage will be reimbursed)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references through the Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/136133
This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
We are pleased to offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package which includes; multiple heath insurance options; TIAA retirement plans; generous vacation, sick, and personal time; and more. To learn more about employee benefits and eligibility at Bard College, please visit https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.