Emergency DispatcherEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/136374
Bard College Office of Safety and Security is seeking a full time Emergency Dispatcher. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Security, the Emergency Dispatcher will be responsible for the monitoring and information management flow of all security matters as it relates to campus activities, buildings, personnel, students and guests at the College. This position is considered essential and may be required to fill in for other dispatchers on their off time. This position will be required to work the overnight shift.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of the students, employees, guests and property of the college by disseminating information to the appropriate personnel or department
- Responsible for the accurate completion of reports and logs as required
- Manage emergent situations in a calm and professional manner
- Coordinate responses and communication with security staff and college personnel as needed
- Provide professional and customer service-oriented service in all communication
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license
- Some security or dispatch experience preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional discretion in managing confidential information is required
- Comfortable with computers and office equipment, and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to think quickly and act decisively in emergency situations
To apply please provide a resume and the contact information for three professional references on the Interfolio website by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/136374
- Salary - $22 per hour.
- This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.