Coordinator of Student ActivitiesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/103636
The Coordinator of Student Activities manages the 135 student organizations, maintains financial records for $500,000 budget, and coordinates robust weekly spending. The Coordinator also advises student organizations and supervises student interns who support the operation of the office. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Student Activities.
- Advise student leaders through the management of club registration, club head day, and charter club review.
- Responsible for management of $500,000 yearly budget for student organizations, including coordination of ledger and financial records, including purchase orders and check requests.
- Supervise, select, train, and develop 5 student interns with responsibility for staffing the office and registering all student events and club meetings.
- Supervise, select, train, and develop 5 student interns with responsibility for the creation of publicity materials for various student and staff events.
- Supervise, select, train, and develop a student intern with responsibility for maintaining department social media and implementing an engagement and education campaign.
- Ensure the events calendar and website are maintained in conjunction with the Publications Office.
- Assess the organizations, events, and budget. • Supervise, select, train, and develop 25 student staff with responsibility for staffing the informational desk and supporting the daily needs of the campus center.
- Approve Campus Center space requests submitted through the software system.
- Coordinate with various constituencies reserving space and assess needs.
- Communicate setup requests with appropriate departments, such as Building and Grounds, Environmental Services, Audiovisual, and/or Dining Services.
- Assist with basic audiovisual setup and general maintenance in the Campus Center.
- Assign and keeps accurate records of club space/storage.
- Coordinate with vendors to maintain a schedule for the campus center.
- Participate in department professional development.
- Represent the Office of Student Activities at college events.
- Performs administrative duties during staff absences, shortages, breaks, or when requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree required, bachelor or master degree preferred.
- Commitment to student advocacy and a desire to interact with a variety of students is required.
- Previous experience with budget management and/or event planning is preferred.
- Must be willing to drive college or personal vehicles to assist with receiving ordered items.
- Some evening and weekend work are required during certain parts of the academic year.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three references on Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/103636