Bard College at Simon's Rock
ControllerEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/86332
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock, located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, seek an experienced and knowledgeable professional to support the Business Office of the College.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, and supervising the Business Office Administrative Assistant, the Controller performs the following duties:
- Records deposits into accounting system
- Reviews purchase orders with respect to budgetary limitations
- Enters journal entries into accounting system
- Reconciles checking accounts monthly
- Reviews accounts payable postings for accuracy
- Assists with cash flow management
- Reviews and updates financial policies and procedures
- Assists in preparation for, and participates in, annual financial audit and other reporting as assigned
- Tracks restricted fund balances and expenditures
- Tracks grant balances and expenditures
- Supports other campus departments in developing good financial practices
- Assists in development of interdepartmental financial procedures
- Sustains central institutional mission by performing other related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- Demonstrated experience in business function management
- Approachable, collaborative, service-oriented interpersonal manner
- Distinct record of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Proven background in attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and creative initiative
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience in Banner by Ellucian financial applications preferred
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references through the listing on Interfolio.com here https://apply.interfolio.com/86332(references will not be contacted without prior notice).
Bard College at Simon's Rock is the only four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide bright, highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college in a residential environment after the tenth or eleventh grade. Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock is an independent boarding school that prepares bright, motivated 9th- and 10th-grade students to enter college two years early at Bard College at Simon’s Rock.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.