Open Society University Network (OSUN)
Communications Manager - The Open Society University Network Hubs for Connected Learning InitiativesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/106109
The Open Society University Network (OSUN) Hubs for Connected Learning Initiatives (The Hubs) are seeking a full-time Communications Manager to lead in the development and implementation of a public relations and communications strategy. The Manager will work across Hubs locations globally, supporting branding and communications in all sites, while also supporting the work of OSUN on the Global Task Force for Complementary Education Pathways.
The OSUN Hubs for refugee and host community students seek to expand higher educational and research opportunities to areas affected by crisis and displacement. OSUN is a global network of over forty institutions, co-founded and co-led by Bard College, which also acts as a legal entity for OSUN agreements. OSUN envisions a new model of global higher education—a long-lasting network with deep partnerships among diverse institutions committed to addressing global challenges collaboratively. This network is global in demographic and geographic scope and extends to places where it is needed most. It integrates curricula and research across institutions in different countries and incorporates civic engagement into higher education.
The OSUN Hubs for Connected Learning Initiatives:
- foster critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and fact-based research to strengthen the foundations of open societies;
- educate students to address global challenges by getting to know other societies from the inside;
- expand access to higher education at a time of growing inequities;
- counteract polarization by promoting global collaboration in research and education to examine issues from different perspectives;
- bolster efforts by universities in challenging environments to build their own capacities through global partnerships, in order to make greater contributions to their societies.
The Communications Manager will create communications content and manage all digital data for the Hubs. The Officer will report to the Director of the OSUN Hubs for Connected Learning Initiatives. The Officer will be expected to work full time for the duration of the consultancy until June 30th, 2023. While the position can be based anywhere, it requires that the Consultant is available during EAT, five days per week.
The Officer will be expected to:
- Foster and promote the Hubs’ global brand for refugee education;
- Develop a short term and long-term communications strategy for the Hubs and its ancillary work with the Global Task Force on Third Country Education Pathways;
- Develop and manage a CMS (content management system) for the Hubs’ website in collaboration with Bard and BRAC Centre for Peace and Justice to ensure a well-coordinated review and update of the content
- Develop and maintain the Hubs’ social media channels;
- Produce professional Hubs communications materials for various audiences and ensure their timely dissemination and amplification in collaboration with Bard College/OSUN communications channels;
- Develop and produce a monthly newsletter;
- Organize and maintain the digital data in the Google drive, including photos and videos and keep a log of potential video clips for all OSUN Hubs activities.
- Develop and maintain the OSUN Hubs database of partners, donors, and affiliates;
- Work with the Hubs leadership on evolving the strategic direction for the Bard Online Associates Degree Program, and the Hubs in East Africa, MENA and Asia, in relation to the Hubs’ image.
- At least 5 years of experience working in communications or a related field, preferably in higher education;
- An advanced degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, with French, Arabic, or Bengali a plus;
- A willingness and the flexibility to travel to all Hubs sites;
- Ability to proficiently work online with various platforms;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Proactive, detail oriented, highly organized with excellent ability to follow through;
- Success working with diverse and international stakeholders.
- $4,000 USD per month and will be responsible for tax liability in their country of residence;
- A laptop for use during the contract;
- Necessary travel will be covered by the Hubs with prior approval.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three references to Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/106109
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.