Formal Gardener Level IEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/140194
Under the supervision of the Physical Plant department, specifically, Horticulture Manager, and as delegated within the Buildings and Grounds and administrative management for trades, utilities, grounds, environmental services and general operations.
- The care and maintenance of all plant material located at Blithewood Estate and Montgomery Place campus, including: planting, transplanting, fertilization, watering, weeding, pruning in ornamental beds, greenhouse work, and natural areas, snow removal, tree work, litter pick up, cleaning of campus paths, patios, and assistance to other departments when needed
- May perform related assignments under the direction of the Horticulture Manager
- Work with Gardener Level II, Horticulture staff, and assign student staff when necessary or assigned
- Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner
- Operate and make proper use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties
- Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required
- Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments
- Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related campus systems, including tools, equipment, and College vehicles
- Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required
- Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard College
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Must be capable of maintaining an efficient and organized work area
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent; additional education preferred
- Degree or certification in Horticulture or related field preferred
- Verifiable professional work experience in landscaping or horticulture
- Qualified to operate vehicles requiring operator’s license and proficient in the operation of equipment necessary to perform job, as deemed upon an evaluation by Horticulture Manager
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and complete a college-sponsored defensive driver’s course
Location: All College Facilities
Shift: 7:00am- 3:30pm
Employment Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: $30.75/hour (.75¢ probationary adjustment for 90 days)
This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/140194.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.