Bard High School Early College Newark
Full-Time Faculty - DanceEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/119274
About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high-school age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, to access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Public Schools in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Dance, beginning late January 2023. BHSEC seeks a teaching artist able to teach both studio courses and writing-focused courses to students choosing dance courses as electives as well as those taking dance as part of a required arts series. Experience with genres of dance from different regions of the world is desirable.
Compensation: The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: http://newark.nj.aft.org/sites/default/files/article_pdf_files/2022-06/salary_progression_2.pdf
Location: Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJ
Start Date: Late January 2023 for the Spring 2023 semester start date
- We are seeking educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds.
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels.
- The chosen candidate will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service.
- Interest in working with high-school age students who are completing a college level course of study is desired.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice with a desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students.
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education.
- A commitment to learning about and reducing potential barriers to inclusion is necessary for all staff members.
- Ph.D. preferred.
- High school teaching experience and/or experience working with youth is desirable.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/119274
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three professional references
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Inquiries may be directed via email to: Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at [email protected]