Housekeeper – Residence of College PresidentEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/108533
Bard College is seeking an experienced, diligent, professional Housekeeper for the residence of the College President. This position is responsible for keeping the president’s household clean and organized to very high standards. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
General duties include:
- Clean the entire residence, including personal living quarters, on a designated schedule and in consideration of the event schedule, including but not limited to dusting, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, disinfecting, buffing. waxing, washing, ironing event linens, spot cleaning and trash removal. Cleaning duties include both interior and exterior spaces.
- Launder household items including washing, drying, ironing, folding and putting away, and changing bed and bath linens as scheduled or needed.
- Develop and maintain inventory of needed household and cleaning supplies.
- Monitor equipment and fixtures at the residence (e.g., lighting, kitchen equipment, cleaning equipment, etc.) to ensure proper working order, and make recommendations or arrange for updating or repair as needed.
- Personal assistance to the president and president’s household as needed.
- Collaboration with other College departments and external vendors to ensure that the residence is properly and efficiently cleaned and maintained.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have a minimum of three years of professional cleaning experience with excellent professional references.
- Excellent working knowledge of cleaning solutions and methods, as well as cleaning appliances and their operations.
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism are a must.
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality, discretion and excellent judgement.
- Candidate must be both hard working and flexible by nature.
- A positive demeanor and good verbal communication skills are required.
- The ability to stand or extended periods of time.
- The ability to climb, balance, bend/stoop, and kneel continuously
- The physical ability to occasionally climb on a ladder to heights in excess of three feet.
- The physical ability to frequently crouch, push/pull, squat and work above the shoulders during the performance of the daily job routine.
- The physical ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds of weight both on flat surfaces and up and down stairs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references on Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/108533
If you have questions about the application process please email [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.