Bard High School Early College Baltimore
Student Support AssistantEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/119375
The Student Support Assistant is an integral member of the Dean of Students’ team, promoting a restorative, safe, and supportive campus environment for students, staff, and families.
- Implementing both proactive and responsive restorative practices to resolve student-student and/or student-adult conflicts
- Daily coordination of the climate/culture/restorative assistant staff, to include serving as hall monitor
- Substitute teaching, providing coverage for classes, and managing classrooms in varied subject areas in the absence of the regularly assigned teacher
- Supporting or staffing class transitions, lunch, arrival, and dismissal
- Learning and adhering to school policies and procedures as they relate to student life, well-being and learning
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Bard High School Early College Baltimore
Start Date: January or February 2023
- An interest in working with high school students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students and administrators
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures
- A commitment to reducing and an openness to learning about potential barriers to inclusion
- A commitment to understanding cultural difference
- A commitment to helping uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/119375
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Contact information for three professional references
Inquiries about vacant positions can be submitted to Helene Coccagna at [email protected]
This position is contingent upon passing Baltimore City Public Schools pre-employment screening process and availability of funds. Work authorization in the United States is required for all BHSEC Baltimore positions.